Harrison are always keen to hear from passionate and talented designers.
Please see below for some of the positions we are looking to fill at the moment, if you would like to work with us, please get in touch.
MIDDLEWEIGHT INTERIOR DESIGNER – LONDON OFFICE
Harrison are looking for a Middleweight Interior Designer to join our London team. With a love of food and drink, you will have a passion for design in the hospitality industry.
The position is for a qualified and creative designer with a proven track record of delivering successful hospitality projects. You will develop interior design projects from concept through to implementation, across a range of brands and independent operations.
The ideal candidate will have some experience of running jobs and demonstrate a good understanding of all stages of the design process.
Take a look at the responsibilities and requirements for the position below. If you are interested, please send a covering letter with your CV and portfolio to Shannon at [email protected] Thank you.
- Assist in the development of projects from conception to completion
- Generate ideas and develop concepts
- Detail interior layouts
- Produce technical drawings and tender packages
- Manage projects, update documents, minutes and schedules
- Attend site meetings, regularly liaising with clients, contractors and suppliers
- Budget management and cost control
- Coach and mentor junior designers
- A minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in hospitality design
- BA (Hons) or MA Interior Architecture qualification (or equivalent)
- Excellent presentation, conceptual and visualising skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Creative Suite, Photoshop and Sketch up
- On site experience
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment to tight deadlines
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Strong and confident client communication skills
Harrison are an award winning design and architecture practice, based in Birmingham, London, Dallas and Dubai. We work across a wide range of clients, in a variety of sectors including: restaurants, pubs, bars, casual dining, nightclubs, casinos, hotels and mixed leisure. We will provide the very best training and development and offer very challenging, rewarding and varied career opportunities.
senior INTERIOR designer – DUBAI office
Harrison are seeking a Senior Interior Designer to join our Dubai-based Middle East team. With a love of food and drink, you will have a passion for design in the hospitality industry and will already be successful with a desire to stretch your creative and project delivery skills.
The position is for a qualified, experienced and creative designer with a proven track record of leading successful hospitality projects across a range of clients. You will develop interior design projects from concept through to implementation, across a range of brands and independent operations.
- Develop projects from conception to completion
- Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
- Confer with clients, consultants, contractors and others during various stages of project development
- Oversee the implementation of interior design solutions for each project from concept stage through installation
- Confirm that preliminary space plans and design concepts are safe, functional, aesthetically appropriate and meet all public health, safety and welfare requirements
- Select colours, materials and finishes to convey the design concept, functional, life-cycle performance, environmental and safety equipment
- Select and specify furniture, fixtures, equipment and millwork, including layout drawings and detailed product descriptions and provision of contract documentation to facilitate pricing, procurement and installation of furniture
- Prepare specifications and schedules with accurate product information for all furniture, plumbing, appliances, lighting and finishes
- Prepare construction documents, consisting of plans, elevations, details and specifications to illustrate non-structural and/or non-seismic partition layouts, power and communications locations, reflected ceiling plans and lighting designs, materials and finishes and furniture layouts
- Must be able to field measure and document building condition
- Coordination and collaboration with other design professionals who may be retained to provide consulting services, including but not limited to architects, structural, mechanical and electrical engineers and various speciality consultants
- Observation and reporting on the implementation of projects while in progress and, upon completion, act as a representative on behalf of the client, and punch list items.
Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years Interior design experience
- Experience in Hospitality and Food & Beverage sector
- Excellent presentation skills, including space planning and drawing
- Proficiency in AutoCAD (required) Sketch up (optional)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Ability to create a set of construction drawings, specifications and schedules
- Ability to create and manage Excel spreadsheets
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- Strong FF&E knowledge
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast paced environment
- Extensive on-site experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Excellent Presentation, conceptual and visualizing skills
This is a full-time position. Salary is negotiable based on experience. Please send a covering letter with your CV and portfolio to Shannon at [email protected]
Harrison are an award winning brand strategy, design and architecture practice, based in Birmingham, London, Dallas and Dubai. We work across a wide range of clients, in a variety of sectors including: restaurants, pubs, bars, casual dining, nightclubs, casinos, hotels and mixed leisure. We will provide the very best training and development, and offer very challenging, rewarding and varied career opportunities.